GIT is responsible for client’s personal information collected, used, retained and disclosed by GIT. GIT will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at the time the information is collected. GIT will obtain the consent of clients for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except in special circumstances, as in the case of an emergency. GIT will limit the collection of personal information to only what is necessary for the purposes identified below. GIT will not use or disclose personal client information for any purpose other than those for which it was collected, unless consent of the individual has been previously granted or as required by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. GIT will protect personal information using industry standard security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. GIT will make available specific information relating to its policies and practices regarding the management of client information. Upon written request, GIT shall communicate the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and allow the individual access to that information. Clients shall be given the opportunity to challenge the accuracy or completeness of personal information, and to update it.
Client Information: GIT will only collect personal information from you and about you to enable us to establish and maintain a business relationship with you for the supply of products and services. Information may include, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, e-mail address, employment information, date of birth, social security number, credit bureau reports, reports from other credit references provided by you, and banking information.
Serving You Better: Only with your consent would GIT use your personal information for a multiple purposes:
- To activate, de-activate, suspend, un-suspend, or disable your satellite services.
- To maintain supplier relationships to support the communications products and services required for the delivery of GIT Satellite's products and services.
- To make credit approvals, monitoring customer payment histories, evaluating customer credit standing, and exchanging credit information with credit reporting agencies and bureaus as required.
- To continuously measure and improve the effectiveness of our web site marketing efforts.
- To communicate regarding new and enhanced GIT products and services or to communicate other special offers.
- For legal and regulatory requirements.
- GIT may also collect and use customer information or statistical purposes. GIT reserves the right to use this information as it deems appropriate.
Additionally, to ensure our ability to optimally serve you, we collect information relating to your products and services, usage, billing records, payment history and demographic information.
GIT Needs Your Consent: GIT Satellite Communications will request your consent to use and disclose your personal information. This consent may be oral or written, express or implied. If you do not consent to providing certain information, such as credit information, details requested on our activation forms, or a billing address, we may not be able to provide you with the product or service you are requesting.
Third Party Disclosure: There are times where we are required to share customer information with a third party. These include:
- GIT Satellite Authorized Dealers or Distributors, or companies hired to perform site audits, installations, maintenance, and warranty work
- Other communications service providers or entities: in order to terminate a satellite call on a terrestrial line or to activate, de-activate, suspend, or un-suspend service on your satellite terminal.
- Delivery services: In order to deliver our products to our customers
- Credit card companies: To validate and process a credit card
- Credit bureaus and credit references that you provide
- Local and foreign law, as applicable
GIT will use reasonable efforts, using contracts or other arrangements, to ensure third parties use of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this policy. Under special circumstances we may disclose your personal information without your consent or knowledge: When information is forwarded to a collection agency for past due bills. It would be in the best interest of and consent cannot be obtained in a timely manner. The life, health or security of an individual is at risk. It is related to the detection or prevention of fraud or for law enforcement matters. Disclosure to our legal counsel; and as may be required by law.
Maintaining Privacy: GIT will take all necessary precautions to safeguard the privacy of personal information. This information is maintained in a secure facility and is protected from unauthorized access. It is retained only as long as is reasonably required. Although GIT cannot take responsibility for theft, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction of data by a third party, GIT takes all reasonable precautions to prevent such occurrences.
Personal Information: It is GIT’s policy to provide our customers with access to their personal information upon request. Access to some information may be restricted where it contains personal information relating to another individual. We will make every effort to remove personal client information or we will advise you of the reasons for restricting access. GIT will update or change incorrect information upon notification.
Contact GIT: If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our privacy policies, please contact us, 13740 Research Blvd, Suite Q-2 Austin, Texas 78750 email@example.com, +1 512-501-6339 fax.