Inmarsat IsatHub/BGAN iSavi!
Introducing a revolutionary way to stay connected. Inmarsat's IsatHub turns your smartphone into a satellite phone!
ISatHub iSavi; A new product and service from Inmarsat that will enable your smart phone or tablet to work seamlessly, almost anywhere on the planet, completely independent of cellular or fixed networks, and with high speed data capabilities.
The IsatHub service is accessed from your iPhone, iPad and/or iPod touch or Android[TM] device through the control app. This provides set-up assistance and gives you full control over access to the service as well as visibility of data usage from each device sharing the IsatHub connection. The voice app enables you to use your smart device to send and receive voice calls via IsatHub’s dedicated high-quality voice line, as well as text messages, even if your device is for WiFi use only.
- IsatHub operates over the Inmarsat-4 (I-4) satellite and ground network, which operates globally, except for extreme polar regions, at an average availability of 99.9 per cent.
- The service is accessed via a control and voice app downloaded onto a smart phone or tablet.
- These apps connect to the I-4 network via a satellite terminal that has been type approved to work over Inmarsat’s network.
- The Wideye iSavi terminal from manufacturing partner AddValue, is the first terminal to access the IsatHub service.
- Wideye iSavi is lightweight, highly portable and is quick and easy to set up with no technical expertise or training needed, enabling you to establish an online connection with IsatHub within minutes.
- The terminal has a 30 metre WiFi range and multiple devices can share the same connection.
- Power consumption is low and the battery can be recharged by mains or by solar power.
Now available for BGAN
The Wideye iSavi terminal from AddValue Technologies is now available for use with BGAN service, on both pre-pay and post-pay plans.
The terminal will support full access to data speeds of up to 384kbps for background IP data, making the terminal a perfect solution for remote access to corporate networks, email, and general broadband connectivity. However, the iSavi will not currently support any streaming services. The iSavi will also not be available for BGAN Link service.
To enable an iSavi terminal for BGAN use, the terminal must be updated to the latest firmware version, R01.1.0, which can be downloaded here.
IsatHub Control App
Free download Here:
- Signal strength indicator with pointing assistance
- Network registration
- Manage costs and each connected device with service access controls and usage counters
- Battery / AC status indicator
- Firewall pre-set selections
- Two security levels
- MAC address filtering
- Wi-Fi password control
- Terminal temperature warning
- Personal assistance button
- User help
IsatHub Voice App
Free download here:
- Preconfigured for use over IsatHub
- Auto SIP registration (with SIP proxy in terminal)
- Error handling
- Works with contacts on smart device
- SMS functionality
- Call duration information
- Standard IP data up to 240/384kbps send/receive.
- Dedicated high-quality voice line.
- Send email, access the internet and your apps.
- Coverage map
- Flexible service pricing packages are available depending on duration of use and typical volume of data used.
*For more Inmarsat Products click here